POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought : Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought Server Time
27 Jul 2024 14:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought
From: MichaelJF
Date: 11 Jun 2024 10:01:29
Message: <666858b9$1@news.povray.org>
I have little experience with animations, but I noticed a merge in your
code where a union would have been sufficient. So I rendered frames
7001-7100 with your original code in 83 minutes (1920*1080, 14 work
threads, i9### [at] 36GHz). After exchanging 4 merge statements (2 in
L01tiles.inc, 1 in L01box.inc and 1 in Zillionstrapboard.inc) by unions
the same frames took 15 minutes 33 seconds to render.

I had expected a faster calculation, but a factor of more than five
really surprised me.

Best regards
Michael