POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought : Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought Server Time
27 Jul 2024 14:38:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought
From: jr
Date: 8 Jun 2024 07:20:00
Message: <web.66643ddbe8b97314869a24876cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> > I had a very quick look at the archive, and fwiw, the naming is .. strange.  >
> That's the convention I have been following. Every distinct povray project I do
> has its own folder which contains a povray.ini file. I just always edit
> povray.ini when I want to change resolution or framerate. Is this wrong? Wrong,
> I am concerned about. Strange, not so much.

conventions, yes, I too have "bad habits" </grin>.  but it works (for you), so
wrong isn't the word, it's more like "additional cognitive hurdle".

those "habits" can lead to "wrong" though, from your 'povray.ini':
; Aspect ratio is expected to be 9:16
Height=2160
Width=3840

correct, for you, as the height is listed first.  however, anyone else reading
this would expect the ratio / aspect to be 16:9, ie the "width:height" thing is
fixed, preferences notwithstanding ;-).

> I have a question about the error message Yesbird encountered. ...
>
> OK I found the bug; apparently the color of text objects must be specified.
> I modified L01text.inc and upgraded the #version directive to 3.8 in
> L01game.pov.

should not be the cause.  POV-Ray supplies a default texture when there's none.
<https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Default_Directive>

I tried and ran your code to 1K frames, using 3.8.0-alpha.9945627, with
"all_file = on", and nothing.  no errors, no warnings.  hth.

regards, jr.