POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Subset Animation Not Working Server Time
17 May 2024 03:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Subset Animation Not Working (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Bryan Heit
Subject: Subset Animation Not Working
Date: 20 Mar 2006 09:49:51
Message: <441ec10f$1@news.povray.org>
I'm using povray for windows, version 3.6, 32-bit.  I've started getting
into some very large animations (1500+ frames per scene).  As I result
I've been having splitting my animations into chunks and rendering each
chunk on a different computer.

Where I am having trouble is is the Subset_Start_Frame and
Subset_End_Frame commands.  They do not seem to work properly.  For
example, in an animation I'm working on now (1200 frames), if I ask the
computer to render frames 600-800 using the Subset commands in the ini
file I do not actually get frames 600-800.  Rather, I get frames from
later on in the animation.

Strangely though, if I use the "Initial_Frame" and "Final_Frame"
commands like so:

Initial_Frame=600
Final_Frame=1200

It renders properly.  Only problem is that it doesn't stop at frame 800,
but rather goes straight on through.  Of course, if I set Final_Frame to
800 the animation gets compressed into fewer frames (i.e. 1200 frame
animation becomes an 800 frame), rather then rendering to frame 800 of 1200.

What is going wrong?  Is there an easy way around this?  Ini file
attached below (subset commands removed).

Bryan

Antialias=on
Antialias_Threshold=0.1
Antialias_Depth=2

Input_File_Name=10 mile.pov
Output_File_Name=C:\POV\10 Mile Point\animation\

Initial_Frame=600
Final_Frame=1200
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=1