POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Subset Animation Not Working : Re: Subset Animation Not Working Server Time
14 Jun 2024 18:38:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subset Animation Not Working
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Mar 2006 11:10:01
Message: <web.441ed37520875604b1b469160@news.povray.org>
Bryan Heit <bjh### [at] NOSPAMucalgaryca> wrote:
> Chris B wrote:
>   > I just did a very small test using command line options "+kfi0
> +kff10 +sf5
> > +ef6" in 3.6 and it did what I expected.
>

> I'm doing it via an .ini file.  Perhaps it is treating it differently?
>

> > The only thing I can think of to check (sorry if it's obvious) is that you
> > are adding the subset settings as well as leaving the frame settings in the
> > ini file
>
> Nope.  This is how I setup my .ini file:
>
> Initial_Frame=1
> Final_Frame=1200
> Initial_Clock=0
> Final_Clock=1
> Subset_Start_Frame= 820
> Subset_End_Frame=900
>
> As I mentioned to Stephen, this appeared to start the animation at frame
> ~1100.   I'm thinking that maybe it's a problem with the way I calculate
> a lot of stuff.  Rather then using "clock", I use "final_frame" and
> "frame_number" for many calcs.  Perhaps the when I call "final_frame"
> when subsets are in use, Pov is returning "Subset_End_Frame" instead?
>
> Bryan

Put this line or similar into your pov file.
#debug concat ("frame_number = ", str(frame_number, -3), "/n")

and

Debug_File=C:outputpathdebug.txt

In your ini file. This will give you the actual Frame numbers in the file
debug.txt in your specified path. You might be able to work out what is
going wrong. The debug statement combined with concat and str can be very
useful fot faultfinding.

Stephen