POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Subset Animation Not Working : Re: Subset Animation Not Working Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subset Animation Not Working
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 20 Mar 2006 10:45:26
Message: <441ece16$1@news.povray.org>
That is how I did it.  I just ran a test, using your code, trying to
animate frames 820-900.  Once again, it did not work.  I don't know
exactly where it started, but it started somewhere in the neighborhood
of frame 1100.

But I think I may know what's going wrong.  When I use the subset
command, what gets returned when I call "final_frame" in the .pov file?
  I think that would explain my problem, if instead of getting the
"Final_Frame" from the ini file, the command was returning the value for
"Subset_End_Frame".

Since I use the "final_frame" call for a lot of calculations it would
explain why everything seems to go off when I use subsets (assuming I'm
right about my problem with the subset).

It is not an issue of using the clock command; the call "clock" doesn't
even appear in the .pov file I am using.

Bryan