POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Subset Animation Not Working : Re: Subset Animation Not Working Server Time
29 Jun 2024 00:55:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subset Animation Not Working
From: Chris B
Date: 20 Mar 2006 10:30:18
Message: <441eca8a$1@news.povray.org>
"Bryan Heit" <bjh### [at] NOSPAMucalgaryca> wrote in message
> I am having trouble is is the Subset_Start_Frame and Subset_End_Frame
> commands.  They do not seem to work properly.  For example, in an
> animation I'm working on now (1200 frames), if I ask the computer to
> render frames 600-800 using the Subset commands in the ini file I do not
> actually get frames 600-800.  Rather, I get frames from later on in the
> animation.

Hi Bryan,

I just did a very small test using command line options "+kfi0 +kff10 +sf5
+ef6" in 3.6 and it did what I expected.

The only thing I can think of to check (sorry if it's obvious) is that you
are adding the subset settings as well as leaving the frame settings in the
ini file i.e. you should not be overwriting the frame settings with the
subset frame settings. Because clearly if you specify the subset final frame
without telling it the real final frame it's not going to be able to
correctly work out where in the cycle the frames should be.

Regards,
Chris B.