POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : how can a square mesh be changed to a rhomboid Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  how can a square mesh be changed to a rhomboid (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: davidafisher
Subject: how can a square mesh be changed to a rhomboid
Date: 8 Aug 2010 23:55:01
Message: <web.4c5f7b837d444d346175cda10@news.povray.org>
I have a DTM (digital terrain Map) which is square, a mesh comprising of 140,000
smooth triangles. I need to adjust the map for convergence - difference of the
grids north to the earths true north. The adjustment would result in a rhomboid
where the top-left corner might be rotated by, say 3 degrees from the
bottom-left corner and the top-right corner rotated by 2 degress from the
bottom-right corner.

Does anybody have an idea on whether this can be achieved in POV-Ray?

Post a reply to this message

Le 09/08/2010 05:52, davidafisher a écrit :
> I have a DTM (digital terrain Map) which is square, a mesh comprising of 140,000
> smooth triangles. I need to adjust the map for convergence - difference of the
> grids north to the earths true north. The adjustment would result in a rhomboid
> where the top-left corner might be rotated by, say 3 degrees from the
> bottom-left corner and the top-right corner rotated by 2 degress from the
> bottom-right corner.
>
> Does anybody have an idea on whether this can be achieved in POV-Ray?

Yes, Me! (end of first degre answer)

With a shear matrix transform.

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.0/49/

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/trans/trans_450e.htm