POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : how can a square mesh be changed to a rhomboid : Re: how can a square mesh be changed to a rhomboid Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:52:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how can a square mesh be changed to a rhomboid
From: davidafisher
Date: 9 Aug 2010 11:45:01
Message: <web.4c602114a72b83ae6175cda10@news.povray.org>
Rhombus-Rhomboid - at 3 o'clock in the morning one gets tired. And in fact as
you state what I need is a convex quadrilateral.

A DTM by definition is a 3D object, "say 3 degrees" means its a variable not a
constant (I have multiple maps with different convergence values for opposite
edges), but there we go! I didn't realize how literal one has to be.

if it helps all maps have their initial sides at 5000 x 5000
In one of the instances
AC = 7050
BD = 7060
but as I have multple instances, devising the AC, BD dimensions for each is
tedious, hence the thought on the side rotation by angle.

the transformation needs to take place along the x-z axes the y axis does not
change