POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Problems with rendering udo models from Poseray Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with rendering udo models from Poseray (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Hildur K
Subject: Problems with rendering udo models from Poseray
Date: 19 Jun 2005 08:00:01
Message: <web.42b55db9918814731a9c36820@news.povray.org>
I have been using Poseray to convert 3ds and Poser human models into udo's
to use in Moray. But when I render with radiosity I get ugly artefacts,
black stripes appear around the edges. If I convert the udo to a mesh2
object in Moray then these artefacts dissappear completely.

Mesh2 objects are huge compared to udo's, the pov file size
in one recent rendering grew from 3kb to over 10,000kb just by converting
a single udo to mesh2.

In the scene I'm currently working on I need 12 human models and of course
other stuff as well and I'm fearing the final file size will grow to a
something
my system can't cope with.

Does anyone know what causes these artefacts and what can be done?
Is is Poseray or is it the udo format?

Post a reply to this message

"Hildur K." <hil### [at] 3dcafemailevery1net> wrote:
> I have been using Poseray to convert 3ds and Poser human models into udo's
> to use in Moray. But when I render with radiosity I get ugly artefacts,
> black stripes appear around the edges. If I convert the udo to a mesh2
> object in Moray then these artefacts dissappear completely.
>
> Mesh2 objects are huge compared to udo's, the pov file size
> in one recent rendering grew from 3kb to over 10,000kb just by converting
> a single udo to mesh2.
>
> In the scene I'm currently working on I need 12 human models and of course
> other stuff as well and I'm fearing the final file size will grow to a
> something
> my system can't cope with.
>
> Does anyone know what causes these artefacts and what can be done?
> Is is Poseray or is it the udo format?

I posted examples here

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.42b56db48e5662c19f947fd80%40news.povray.org%3E/

Post a reply to this message