POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Corrupted partial rendering output? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Corrupted partial rendering output? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Torsten Crass
Subject: Corrupted partial rendering output?
Date: 16 May 2003 07:21:55
Message: <3ec4c9d3$1@news.povray.org>
Hi there!

When I recently tried to use some of the POVRay options for partial
rendering output (-SC, -EC, -SR, -ER), I experienced a strange
phenomenon - the selected rectangle was rendered correctly, but was
shifted to the upper edge of the (mainly black) output image (horizontal
position seemed ok). Furthermore, when trying to read a PNG thus created
using Java's imageio package, the program exited reporting an Exception.
(I apologize for not having written down the exact error message...
something like "ImageFormatException in PNGInputStream"...sorry!)

I wonder if anyone else has realized this or a similar issue. Or perhaps
somebody even knows how to circumvent this problem...?

Regards -

	Torsten

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 16 May 2003 13:21:55 +0200, Torsten Crass <tor### [at] eBiologyde>
wrote:
> When I recently tried to use some of the POVRay options for partial
> rendering output (-SC, -EC, -SR, -ER), I experienced a strange
> phenomenon - the selected rectangle was rendered correctly, but was
> shifted to the upper edge of the (mainly black) output image (horizontal
> position seemed ok).

AFAIK it is expected behaviour. But perhaps I misunderstand your problem.

> Furthermore, when trying to read a PNG thus created
> using Java's imageio package, the program exited reporting an Exception.
> (I apologize for not having written down the exact error message...
> something like "ImageFormatException in PNGInputStream"...sorry!)

Verify with at least a few other applications reading of it. I would not trust
Java based application in bug reporting.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> When I recently tried to use some of the POVRay options for partial
> rendering output (-SC, -EC, -SR, -ER), I experienced a strange
> phenomenon - [...]

See the threads: