POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Corrupted partial rendering output? : Re: Corrupted partial rendering output? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Corrupted partial rendering output?
From: ABX
Date: 16 May 2003 09:39:50
Message: <q5q9cvcviu0ik32euehnmbsqitvqr2di9u@4ax.com>
On Fri, 16 May 2003 15:31:52 +0200, Torsten Crass <tor### [at] eBiologyde>
wrote:
> <sigh>No, just like many other people about which I read in the above
> mentioned threads I nee to render different versions of a _small_ part
> of the scene, so I thought using the partial output options and
> overlaying a standard image with the resulting fragments would have been
> a good idea... but apparently I was mistaken.</sigh> Maybe passing the
> povray output through some tolerant image conversion program prior to
> further Java-based processing might help...

There is a small solution to your needs. Instead of using something like:

  +W100 +H100 +SC10 +EC90 +SR20 +ER30

use

  +W80 +H10

with

  "zoomin" include file with +SC.1 +EC.9 +SR.2 +ER.3

where zoomin include file can be found via
http://news.povray.org/search/?s=zoomin
(thought I never tried this way, for sure numbers needs recalculation to yours)

ABX