POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Single BMP, perhaps you all misunderstood my question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Single BMP, perhaps you all misunderstood my question (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: Crunchy Frog
Subject: Single BMP, perhaps you all misunderstood my question
Date: 6 Sep 1999 14:32:52
Message: <37D40966.698AB6DD@montypython.co.uk>
Example, I have 10 BMP files that I rendered using POV. They are
explod01.bmp through explod10.bmp, each 64x64 pixels. I want to create a
bmp that is 640x64 containing all of the images so i can load them as
one file to use in my own display mechanism.

I understand that if the images are 256 color that some color averaging
will need to be done, but my primary interest is just to physically
place the images side by side.

Post a reply to this message

You can do this in any decent paint program, but I doubt there is an app that
does it automatically...
It would be nearly trivial to program such an app, though. If you can't do it
yourself, perhaps bugging some programmer type would help :)

Margus

Crunchy Frog wrote:

> Example, I have 10 BMP files that I rendered using POV. They are
> explod01.bmp through explod10.bmp, each 64x64 pixels. I want to create a
> bmp that is 640x64 containing all of the images so i can load them as
> one file to use in my own display mechanism.
>
> I understand that if the images are 256 color that some color averaging
> will need to be done, but my primary interest is just to physically
> place the images side by side.

Post a reply to this message

Well, I can think of two right off hand that should do it.

Image Magick and the Gimp.

But the question of "why?" comes to mind.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Margus Ramst wrote:

> You can do this in any decent paint program, but I doubt there is an app that
> does it automatically...
> It would be nearly trivial to program such an app, though. If you can't do it
> yourself, perhaps bugging some programmer type would help :)
>
> Margus
>
> Crunchy Frog wrote:
> >
> > Example, I have 10 BMP files that I rendered using POV. They are
> > explod01.bmp through explod10.bmp, each 64x64 pixels. I want to create a
> > bmp that is 640x64 containing all of the images so i can load them as
> > one file to use in my own display mechanism.
> >
> > I understand that if the images are 256 color that some color averaging
> > will need to be done, but my primary interest is just to physically
> > place the images side by side.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (2 KB)

Ah, is that it? Well, you could apply them as image_maps on boxes and
use an orthograhic camera. I will try to come up with a macro if you
think you can't handle it yourself.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

> Example, I have 10 BMP files that I rendered using POV. They are
> explod01.bmp through explod10.bmp, each 64x64 pixels. I want to create a
> bmp that is 640x64 containing all of the images so i can load them as
> one file to use in my own display mechanism.
>
> I understand that if the images are 256 color that some color averaging
> will need to be done, but my primary interest is just to physically
> place the images side by side.

I have a program that does exactly that.
If necessary you can also cut of some margins.
It's not perfect because I just cooked it up for my own use but if you like I
can send it to you.

Remco

NB Windows only, sorry...

Post a reply to this message

> Well, I can think of two right off hand that should do it.
>
> Image Magick and the Gimp.
>
> But the question of "why?" comes to mind.

I want to be able to load a single BMP as a set of frames for animation
in a game.

Post a reply to this message

> > Well, I can think of two right off hand that should do it.
> >
> > Image Magick and the Gimp.
> >
> > But the question of "why?" comes to mind.
>
> I want to be able to load a single BMP as a set of frames for animation
> in a game.

Which is precisely why I stick all frames on a strip as well.

Remco

Post a reply to this message