POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Single BMP, perhaps you all misunderstood my question : Re: Single BMP, perhaps you all misunderstood my question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:34:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Single BMP, perhaps you all misunderstood my question
From: Ron Parker
Date: 6 Sep 1999 23:00:02
Message: <37d57bbf.623790403@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 06 Sep 1999 14:35:18 -0400, Crunchy Frog
<cru### [at] montypythoncouk> wrote:

>Example, I have 10 BMP files that I rendered using POV. They are
>explod01.bmp through explod10.bmp, each 64x64 pixels. I want to create a
>bmp that is 640x64 containing all of the images so i can load them as
>one file to use in my own display mechanism.
>
>I understand that if the images are 256 color that some color averaging
>will need to be done, but my primary interest is just to physically
>place the images side by side.

The netpbm utilities, if you can find a copy for Windows, might do the
trick.  Specifically, there's a program called "pnmcat" that takes two
or more input images and concatenates them together in a specified
way.  It'd take a little thought to get it right, but it would work.
If you can't find a copy for Windows, bug me and I'll see what I can
do about compiling it.  Note that they're command-line utilities,
though - no GUI or even graphics of any kind - so they might not be
your cup of tea.