POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Double-byte font trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Double-byte font trouble (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Anthony Bennett
Subject: Double-byte font trouble
Date: 18 Jan 1999 09:29:24
Message: <36A34630.E37F86FA@panama.phoenix.net>
I am rendering a chinese chess set for a presentation and I need a list
of the character codes for the symbols. In my experiments I've had
trouble like
the guy in the previous message. I don't know a word of chinese,
I don't own a chinese computer or anything, but I HAVE GOT TO GET THIS
THING DONE. Please, whoever can help, I implore you... Help me. I don't
even know how to get the superpatch to output these characters. I don't
even know if I'm using a double byte font. I'm trying to do it with
MingLiU, which popped up after I installed the traditional chinese
multilanguage add-on for Explorer. Help me. Somebody. I've tried to find

information all day. I'm really tired. Help me.

Post a reply to this message

>I am rendering a chinese chess set for a presentation and I need a list
>of the character codes for the symbols. In my experiments I've had
>trouble like
>the guy in the previous message. I don't know a word of chinese,
>I don't own a chinese computer or anything, but I HAVE GOT TO GET THIS
>THING DONE. Please, whoever can help, I implore you... Help me. I don't
>even know how to get the superpatch to output these characters. I don't
>even know if I'm using a double byte font. I'm trying to do it with
>MingLiU, which popped up after I installed the traditional chinese
>multilanguage add-on for Explorer. Help me. Somebody. I've tried to find
>
>information all day. I'm really tired. Help me.

Currently POV-Ray does not support two byte characters (Unicode) at all. Only ASCII
codes (0 to 127) work for most fonts.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message