POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Double-byte font trouble : Re: Double-byte font trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Double-byte font trouble
From: Ron Parker
Date: 18 Jan 1999 16:54:16
Message: <36a3ad88.0@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:52:27 -0600, Thorsten Froehlich
	<fro### [at] charliecnsiitedu> wrote:
>In article <36A34630.E37F86FA@panama.phoenix.net> , Anthony Bennett
><ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet>  wrote:
>>I don't
>>even know how to get the superpatch to output these characters. I don't
>>even know if I'm using a double byte font. I'm trying to do it with
>>MingLiU, which popped up after I installed the traditional chinese
>>multilanguage add-on for Explorer. Help me. Somebody. I've tried to find
>
>Currently POV-Ray does not support two byte characters (Unicode) at all. Only ASCII
>codes (0 to 127) work for most fonts.

That's why he mentioned the Superpatch :)  It does include Kochin
Chang's patches for DBCS fonts, and an attempt at handling Unicode
characters, but to tell the truth I've never been able to get the
Unicode stuff to work, and I don't have ready access to a DBCS
font for testing.  I'll look into this a little harder and post
my findings here, unless somebody beats me to it.