POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : performance under different OS's Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  performance under different OS's (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: h
Subject: performance under different OS's
Date: 6 Feb 1998 08:20:59
Message: <34db1b7b.0@news.povray.org>
Just a quick question....

How much performance difference is there between running
POV 3.0x under Win 95, Win NT 4.0 and Dos?

I'm planning to buy a Pentium II in the next few months, and
will dual boot between Win 95 and Win NT if the performance
increases are considerable.

Note though, I have no real use for NT - I will be getting
exclusively for use with POV. Is it worth the trouble, or
should I just exit to DOS and run my renders there?

Many thanks,
Chris Hernandez.

Post a reply to this message