POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : performance under different OS's : Re: performance under different OS's Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: performance under different OS's
From: Bryan Garnett-Law
Date: 6 Feb 1998 18:15:29
Message: <34dba71c.0@news.povray.org>
You should get the povpro version of povray.. I tried a scene in it the
other day using povpro, pov for dos, and povwin.  The results were povpro
5m17s, pov (dos) 7m46s, pov (win) 7m28s.  So as you can see this povpro will
produce scenes somewhat quicker than either of the official versions!!

Bryan Garnett-Law