POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : performance under different OS's : Re: performance under different OS's Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: performance under different OS's
From: Stefan Blandow
Date: 21 Feb 1998 17:23:33
Message: <34ef527e.3451014@203.103.185.50>
On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 07:09:26 +0800, "Bryan Garnett-Law"
<bjm### [at] wantreecomau> wrote:

>Some dude has actually optimised the povray code / exe for pentium
>processors.  I am telling you this is SO much quicker... I don't know of any
>other links.... keep trying for next few days, if you have no luck contact
>me personally (bjm### [at] wantreecomau) and I will post the archive to my web
>site and send you a link to download it :-)
>
>Bryan
>
>Chris Hernandez wrote in message <34de9222.0@news.povray.org>...
>>
>>Bryan Garnett-Law wrote in message <34dd013a.0@news.povray.org>...
>>>Links to povpro :-)
>>>
>>>  ftp://terra.ru.com/pub/gamos/povray/povpro.txt
>>>  ftp://terra.ru.com/pub/gamos/povray/povpro.zip
>>>  ftp://terra.ru.com/pub/gamos/povray/xsamples.txt
>>>  ftp://terra.ru.com/pub/gamos/povray/xsamples.zip
>>>

>>I seem to be having trouble connecting to that FTP server. Do you know
>>of any other links?
>>
>>What is POVPro? I haven't heard about it before.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Chris.

I tried to go to this link, but no matter I go to com only, pub or
whatever deeper Nethelper isn't able to trace any connection there, it
seems to be a bad IP adress. So I went to bjm### [at] wantreecomau,
but have no permission to change to any directory there to search for
povpro, is it a server for australia only? This is from germany, any
suggestions? I really would like to try this povpro compile, is it w95
and is it pov3.0x compatible?

steff