POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : HELP! My gradients aren't "fluent" Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  HELP! My gradients aren't "fluent" (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bas Leerintveld
Subject: HELP! My gradients aren't "fluent"
Date: 12 Feb 1999 11:12:25
Message: <1103_918836093@leerintveld>
Hello!

Can somebody please help me with my non-fluent-gradients? I'm using Pov-ray v3.1 and
when I try to make a gradient-background like a dawn or something, I keep
getting this really annoying "lines". I mean, you can see very clearly where one color
starts and the other ends, you know what I mean?

I hope somebody can help me with this!

regards,

Bas Leerintveld

bas### [at] ddsnl

Post a reply to this message

'T was on Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:14:53 GMT,
that Bas Leerintveld wrote:
> Can somebody please help me with my non-fluent-gradients?
> I'm using Pov-ray v3.1 and when I try to make a gradient-background
> like a dawn or something, I keep getting this really annoying "lines".
> I mean, you can see very clearly where one color starts and the
> other ends, you know what I mean?

I think you are trying to watch the image on a 16-bit colour screen. If
this is the case, change it to 24-bit or higher.

Phoenix

--
eag### [at] telekabelnl                       http://users.telekabel.nl/eagle
The POV-Ray VFAQ: http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html