POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : HELP! My gradients aren't "fluent" : Re: HELP! My gradients aren't "fluent" Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP! My gradients aren't "fluent"
From: Phoenix
Date: 12 Feb 1999 12:34:27
Message: <MPG.112e8257c7baba02989687@news.povray.org>
'T was on Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:14:53 GMT,
that Bas Leerintveld wrote:
> Can somebody please help me with my non-fluent-gradients?
> I'm using Pov-ray v3.1 and when I try to make a gradient-background
> like a dawn or something, I keep getting this really annoying "lines".
> I mean, you can see very clearly where one color starts and the
> other ends, you know what I mean?

I think you are trying to watch the image on a 16-bit colour screen. If
this is the case, change it to 24-bit or higher.

Phoenix

--
eag### [at] telekabelnl                       http://users.telekabel.nl/eagle
The POV-Ray VFAQ: http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html