POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : lilo help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  lilo help (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: lilo help
Date: 6 Jul 2002 18:26:22
Message: <ecreiu8d5gmj78jpijkhakm7l541n1544e@4ax.com>
I set up another hard drive with XP Pro. Now I have /dev/hda1 running
Win98SE, /dev/hda3 running Slack 8 and /dev/hdb1 running WinXP Pro. I
put the appropriate 'other' section in /etc/lilo.conf that reads (by
memory)

other = /dev/hdb1
  label = WinXP
  table = /dev/hdb

After running lilo, the partition is listed. It does not boot, though.
I know it's working because I can set my BIOS to boot from that disk
and XP works fine. In fact this post is being written in XP.

What am I doing wrong?

Oh, and BTW, it's the latest LILO, 22.something, just got it from
slackware.com

Any ideas?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

> I set up another hard drive with XP Pro. Now I have /dev/hda1 running
> Win98SE, /dev/hda3 running Slack 8 and /dev/hdb1 running WinXP Pro. I
> put the appropriate 'other' section in /etc/lilo.conf that reads (by
> memory)
>
> other = /dev/hdb1
>   label = WinXP
>   table = /dev/hdb
>
> After running lilo, the partition is listed. It does not boot, though.
> I know it's working because I can set my BIOS to boot from that disk
> and XP works fine. In fact this post is being written in XP.

sits the partition table really in /dev/hdb? or maybe in /dev/hdb1?
how do you set your bios to boot from a slave harddisk? do you have a
floppy in diskdrive?
what is on /dev/hda2?

Post a reply to this message