POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : lilo help : Re: lilo help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lilo help
From: Peter Popov
Date: 7 Jul 2002 16:07:38
Message: <n57hiuc67iu01dvkd9654gfi5ctojl5kmh@4ax.com>
On Sun, 07 Jul 2002 15:59:17 +0200, marabou <not### [at] availablenet> wrote:

>> I think /dev/hda2 is the extended partition which holds the two
>> logical DOS drives.

>you really should get more familar with *nix drives. it does not matter if
>you boot ntfs, dos, ext2, 3 or (nearly) whatever. lilo is a bootloader, not
>an os.

I know :) That's exactly what I want to use it for - to boot a
specific partition which I know is bootable because I can boot it from
the BIOS.

>you can n o t give names to your partitions how y o u want.

?!
I don't want that... It's how Linux names them. The logical partition
IIRC come after the extended partitions that hold them. I have a
primary that holds my C:, two more DOS logical drives and a Linux
partition. It's just how they are named.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg