POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : lilo help : Re: lilo help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lilo help
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 7 Jul 2002 03:51:55
Message: <3d27f31a@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov wrote:

> After running lilo, the partition is listed. It does not boot, though.
> I know it's working because I can set my BIOS to boot from that disk
> and XP works fine. In fact this post is being written in XP.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

  As Marabou mentioned, you can't just have boot partitions on slave disks.
At least not by simply adding the entry to lilo.conf. But it can be done
with a little trick: I've done it in the past. The problem is that I don't
remember it exactly... it was done with the "map-drive" command to switch
the disks. Something like:

  other=/dev/hdb1
  label=WinXP
  table=/deb/hdb