POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Can povray on linux ever create a BMP? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:36:03 EDT (-0400)
  Can povray on linux ever create a BMP? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Can povray on linux ever create a BMP?
Date: 26 Jun 2005 22:19:45
Message: <42bf6241$1@news.povray.org>
I may fall in love with the avidemux encoder if only I could get it to open
an image.  It wants BMP's or JPG's.

But in looking at the docs for Win 3.5,  it looks like you can only do
"system specific", which I'm learning is apparently BMP in Win but TGA in
*nix ???

Post a reply to this message

> I may fall in love with the avidemux encoder if only I could get it to open
> an image.  It wants BMP's or JPG's.
>
> But in looking at the docs for Win 3.5,  it looks like you can only do
> "system specific", which I'm learning is apparently BMP in Win but TGA in
> *nix ???

I really can't find a way to do it right off hand.  How about outputting
to uncompressed .tga files and using ImageMagic to do a batch conversion
of the .tga's to .bmp's?

--
-->jeff

jgentry46 (at) yahoo [dot] com