POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Cygwin configure error Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:42:02 EDT (-0400)
  Cygwin configure error (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Ross Smith
Subject: Cygwin configure error
Date: 9 Sep 2004 17:07:18
Message: <4140c606$1@news.povray.org>
Has anyone managed to get Povray 3.6.1 to build under Cygwin? Configure
fails for me:

creating Makefile
creating jconfig.h
configure.gnu: editing Makefile

configure: configuring in libraries/tiff
configure: running /bin/bash './configure.gnu' --prefix=/usr/local
'COMPILED_BY=Ross Smith <ros### [at] pharosconz>' --cache-file=/dev/null
--srcdir=.
configure.gnu: configuring libtiff 3.6.1
configure.gnu: running ./configure --noninteractive --with-DSO=no
--prefix=/usr/local     --srcdir=.

Configuring TIFF Software v3.6.1

If configure does the wrong thing, check the file config.log for
information that may help you understand what went wrong.

Reading site-wide parameters from ./config.site.
Here we are again, this time on a i686-pc-cygwin system.

Cannot locate a working ANSI C compiler.

We attempted to compile the following test program:

main(int argc, char* argv) { exit(0); }

with these compilers:

      gcc

but none of them were successful.

If your compiler is in a non-standard location, you can specify its
location in several ways:

     o set the environment variable CC
     o create a config.local or config.site file that includes a
       definition for CC
     o supply it on the command line using -with-CC=<pathname>

If command line options are required for ANSI C compilation, set the
ENVOPTS parameter to these options in a similar way (either through
an environment variable or config.local/config.site) and then rerun
this script.
configure:
configure: Unrecoverable error!  Once you've corrected the problem rerun
this script.

POV-Ray 3.6.1 has been configured with the following features:
   I/O restrictions: enabled
   X Window display: enabled
   SVGAlib display : disabled

Type 'make' to build, and 'make install' to install all files in the
hierarchy
/usr/local

Ross Smith ...................... Pharos Systems, Auckland, New Zealand
"Carelessly planned projects take three times longer to complete than
expected. Carefully planned projects take four times longer to
complete than expected, mostly because the planners expect their
planning to reduce the time it takes." -- Anon.

Post a reply to this message

> Has anyone managed to get Povray 3.6.1 to build under Cygwin?

	Yes, as cygwin was part of my various testing platforms  :-)

> Configuring TIFF Software v3.6.1
> [snip]
> Cannot locate a working ANSI C compiler.

	I once or twice faced this situation, but cannot remember now
what was the precise cause.  Please send me or post the following file:

libraries/tiff/config.log

	Thanks,
	- NC

Post a reply to this message

>> Has anyone managed to get Povray 3.6.1 to build under Cygwin?
>

>     Yes, as cygwin was part of my various testing platforms  :-)
>
>> Configuring TIFF Software v3.6.1
>> [snip]
>> Cannot locate a working ANSI C compiler.
>

>     I once or twice faced this situation, but cannot remember now
> what was the precise cause.  Please send me or post the following file:
>
> libraries/tiff/config.log
>
>     Thanks,
>     - NC

Fri Sep 10 09:04:08 NZST 2004
Running ./configure with arguments: --noninteractive --with-DSO=no
--prefix=/usr/local --srcdir=.

This file contains information that is captured from running the configure
script.  Lines that begin with a "+" are command lines echoed by the
shell.  Other lines are the output of commands; usually the contents of
test case files or the output from compilers.  If configure does the
wrong thing, you can use the information captured here to aid in debugging.

+ . ./config.site
+ cat dummy.c
main(int argc, char* argv) { exit(0); }
+ cat xgnu.c
#ifdef __GNUC__
yes;
#endif
+ gcc -E xgnu.c
+ egrep yes
yes;
+ gcc -o dummy -I.././../jpeg -L/usr/X11R6/lib dummy.c