POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Cygwin configure error : Re: Cygwin configure error Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:06:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cygwin configure error
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 13 Sep 2004 06:22:02
Message: <414574ca$1@news.povray.org>
> With the default installation of cygwin there was no C99 compatibility (compiling
failed due missing
> vsnprintf()? function)

	POV-Ray's configure didn't complain it cannot find vsnprintf() ?
Normally it should.

> 1st try failed because the source files were in a directory with spaces
> 	C:\Programme\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\cygwin\povray-3.6.1

	Yes, that's an usual Cygwin problem.  My testing environment was
also including paths with spaces to try to cope with this as much as
possible, but apparently I still missed some cases.
	Could you send me the various config.log files you obtained in
this situation ?

> The same applies with megapov 1.1 sources.

	That's expected  :-)

> (there was some difficulties with the path to the .ini files).

	Please describe this problem.

	Thanks,
	- NC