POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Cygwin configure error : Re: Cygwin configure error Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:00:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cygwin configure error
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 11 Sep 2004 13:18:20
Message: <4143335c$1@news.povray.org>
> + gcc -o dummy -I.././../jpeg -L/usr/X11R6/lib dummy.c

	I'm suprised you don't get any warning or error message after
this last line (maybe you did miss it when copying-pasting the
file content...).

	While I cannot test at the moment, I kinda remember that this
test can fails because of the dummy.c file created by the libtiff's
configure:

main(int argc, char* argv) { exit(0); }

	It should have a "#include <stdlib.h>" before main().  Here,
it's likely that gcc cannot find stdlib.h and fails to compile dummy.c
because of the call to  exit().  That somehow tells you have a problem
with your Cygwin installation (however libjpeg apparently was correctly
configured, right ?).

	You might try to configure libtiff alone, passing LDFLAGS
that contains the path to the stdlib.h header, usually /usr/local/include

cd libraries/tiff
./configure LDFLAGS=/usr/local/include

	I know it's weird to pass LDFLAGS here (and I don't guaranty it
will solve the problem), but libtiff is weird anyway  ;-)

	- NC