POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Multi-machine rendering... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:32:32 EDT (-0400)
  Multi-machine rendering... (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Fran Firman
Subject: Multi-machine rendering...
Date: 19 Oct 2000 07:02:50
Message: <39EEB244.BE782AFA@email.com>
I'm currently working on a way to use the many machines at work to
render over automatically, with out having to setup things like pvm....

So if written a perl script to control some clients.

It uses ssh for the transport method.
Tar+gzip to have an archive to send over to the clients, and to get back
the files/ images

screen - to monitor the clients.

To do thou:
        allow clients to go away and come back.
        if a client is given a job, and it stops/ never comes back, to
recover
and re-do that job
        allow the rendeing to stop half way and continue from there.

So is this something that people are interested in???

TO give you an idea I did an anim last night 320x240 x140 frames with aa
over 4 machines and it took 88 mins... The four pcs are
PII - 400
PII - 333
PIII - 650
Pentium - 200