POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Multi-machine rendering... : Re: Multi-machine rendering... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multi-machine rendering...
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 20 Oct 2000 17:19:56
Message: <39F0B760.E198E64@yahoo.com>
>   Even though I'm a very green newbie when it comes to Povray, I have
> been working and thinking of doing something similar for some time, as
> animation is my main interest.

Me too.. I currently have only one machine, but I could easily write a cgi
script that could do everything that Povray does (except the pre/post render
exections ;)...  that would be available for anyone... the program would run
under linux only (since I use the command system() that might not work properly
on other machines...)

What I was actually wondering is that I had the opportunity to get a few 386 and
486 for almost free...

What exactly are their speeds under linux compared to a Celeron 433?

And btw, can Linux (Redhat 6.1 for example) be installed on those slow PCs?

Thanks,
	Simon

--
| Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |