POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Multi-machine rendering... : Re: Multi-machine rendering... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multi-machine rendering...
From: Francois Dispot
Date: 21 Oct 2000 04:38:11
Message: <39F155F1.4D73524F@club-internet.fr>
Simon Lemieux wrote:

> >   Even though I'm a very green newbie when it comes to Povray, I have
> > been working and thinking of doing something similar for some time, as
> > animation is my main interest.
>
> Me too.. I currently have only one machine, but I could easily write a cgi
> script that could do everything that Povray does (except the pre/post render
> exections ;)...  that would be available for anyone... the program would run
> under linux only (since I use the command system() that might not work properly
> on other machines...)

When I got my dual box, I started like this. However:
- Handling dynamic load balancing correctly is fairly hard for still
images (did I say impossible ?)
- Radiosity will not work
- Error handling is very funny
- ...

Pvmpov does the first very well, and the other ones have been improved a
lot since a few months.
Now, to get ideas about what to improve, could you tell me what the
problem is with "setting up things like pvm" ?

--