POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Blender, Povanim, Poseray and friends Server Time
17 May 2024 05:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Blender, Povanim, Poseray and friends (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Ross
Subject: Re: Solved (was Re: Blender, Povanim, Poseray and friends)
Date: 28 Apr 2005 17:08:48
Message: <427150e0$1@news.povray.org>
"Burki" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.426f53fe4f959336d61e8c370@news.povray.org...
> Smooooooooooth  !
>
> Thanx Ross,
> This have been the most sophisticated slashes I ever included !
>
> Bu.

:)

Glad it helps. It was pretty frustrating for me thinking that Blender
couldn't export smooth POV-Ray meshes.

But alas, it can :]

Post a reply to this message

From: jms
Date: 14 Jun 2005 16:51:36
Message: <42af4358@news.povray.org>

> "Burki" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>
>>Smooooooooooth  !
>>
>>Thanx Ross,
>>This have been the most sophisticated slashes I ever included !
>>
>>Bu.
>>

> :)
>
> Glad it helps. It was pretty frustrating for me thinking that Blender
> couldn't export smooth POV-Ray meshes.
>
> But alas, it can :]

You should read the documentation :
http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/fr/povanim_Mesh2_en.htm#surface_lissee

regards.

Post a reply to this message

From: jms
Subject: Re: Blender, Povanim, Poseray and friends
Date: 14 Jun 2005 16:55:32
Message: <42af4444$1@news.povray.org>

> PoseRay always creates POV mesh files with normals at each vertex. If
> Povanim does not the mesh will appear faceted.

Povanim can export both, smooth and faceted faces, in the same mesh2
object if both are defined in the blender mesh model .

Regards .

Post a reply to this message

Blender animations exported by povanim :

http://jmsoler.free.fr/video/maintoondrag1205.AVI
http://jmsoler.free.fr/video/mainalientestrad.AVI
http://jmsoler.free.fr/video/mainTESThothothot01.AVI

Regards .

Post a reply to this message

> Blender animations exported by povanim :
>
> http://jmsoler.free.fr/video/maintoondrag1205.AVI
> http://jmsoler.free.fr/video/mainalientestrad.AVI
> http://jmsoler.free.fr/video/mainTESThothothot01.AVI

Another one :
http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/animations/__poisson__.mpg

 > Regards .

Post a reply to this message

> >>This have been the most sophisticated slashes I ever included !
> >>
> >>Bu.
> >>

> > :)
> >
> > Glad it helps. It was pretty frustrating for me thinking that Blender
> > couldn't export smooth POV-Ray meshes.
> >
> > But alas, it can :]
> >

> You should read the documentation :

http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/fr/povanim_Mesh2_en.htm#surface_lissee

> regards.

I have read most of it. Quickly though. However, I think the problem was
that the contents of the file containing normal_indices was simply "0, ".
Maybe this makes povray think there are no normal_vectors, resulting in a
non-smooth object. Under what circumstances would that file contain "0, "?
In those circumstances would it make more sense to comment out the line like
"// normal_indices {#include ...} // file contains 0 normal indices"

But anyway, thanks for making povanim available!

-ross

Post a reply to this message

>>>:)
>>>
>>>Glad it helps. It was pretty frustrating for me thinking that Blender
>>>couldn't export smooth POV-Ray meshes.
>>>
>>>But alas, it can :]
>>>

>>You should read the documentation :
>>

> http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/fr/povanim_Mesh2_en.htm#surface_lissee
>
>>regards.
>>

> I have read most of it. Quickly though. However, I think the problem was
> that the contents of the file containing normal_indices was simply "0, ".

This file contains only indices for smooth faces . If your's is empty , it's
because there is not smooth face in your exported mesh .

Regards .

Post a reply to this message

> >>You should read the documentation :

http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/fr/povanim_Mesh2_en.htm#surface_lissee

> >>regards.
> >>

> > I have read most of it. Quickly though. However, I think the problem was
> > that the contents of the file containing normal_indices was simply "0,
".

> This file contains only indices for smooth faces . If your's is empty ,
it's
> because there is not smooth face in your exported mesh .
>
> Regards .

I'll have to get back to playing with Blender a little more and explore the
Povanim options. I don't really understand everything about meshes yet. If I
don't have any smooth faces in my mesh, why does commenting out that line
for normal_indices result in a smooth object?

thanks,
ross

p.s.: nice animations :)

Post a reply to this message