POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : My Attempt at a 3d Wood Surface - Source File Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  My Attempt at a 3d Wood Surface - Source File (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Eric Freeman
Subject: My Attempt at a 3d Wood Surface - Source File
Date: 26 Oct 1999 16:31:48
Message: <38160fb4@news.povray.org>
// Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer Scene Description File
// File: wood3d.pov
// Vers: 3.1 SuperPatch
// Desc: 3d hite_field wood planks
// Date: 10/24/99
// Auth: Eric L. Freeman

// INITIAL VARIABLES
#declare ScX = 2/12;      file://scale the plank
#declare ScY = 0.05/12;   file://scale the plank
#declare ScZ = 12/12;     file://scale the plank
#declare ScPig = 5.7;     file://scale the pigment
#declare TransPig = 1000; file://for random translating of the texture
#declare Gapper = 0.025;  file://the gap between the planks
#include "colors.inc"
#include "woods.inc"

// LIGHT
light_source {
  <-60,100,30>
  color White*1.23
}

background {DarkBrown/3}

#declare R1 = seed(123);

#declare Looper1 = 0; file://inner loop control
#declare Looper2 = 0; file://outer loop control
#declare NumX = 2;    file://the number of planks in the x direction
#declare NumZ = 2;    file://the number of planks in the z direction

#while (Looper2 < NumX)
  #while (Looper1 < NumZ)
    #declare TransPig = 1000*rand(R1);
    #declare RotPig = <rand(R1)*4,rand(R1)*4,0>;
    object {
      height_field {
        pattern 200,200 {
          hf_gray_16
          // the following 2 pigment definitions are taken
          // from the T_Wood1 texture definintion in woods.inc
          // to change woods, change the wood texture below
          // and the pigment
          // P_WoodGrain1A color_map {M_Wood1A}
          P_WoodGrain1B color_map {M_Wood1B}
          translate <0,0,TransPig>
          scale <1,1,1/ScZ>
          scale ScPig
          rotate RotPig
        }
      }
      texture {
        T_Wood1
        translate <0,0,TransPig>
        scale <1/ScX,1,1/ScZ>
        scale ScPig
        rotate RotPig
      }
      scale <ScX,ScY,ScZ>
      translate <Looper2*(ScX+Gapper),0,Looper1*(ScZ+Gapper)>
      #if ( int(Looper2/2)=Looper2/2 )
        translate <0,0,(ScZ+Gapper)/2>
      #end
    }
    #declare Looper1 = Looper1+1;
  #end
  #declare Looper1 = 0;
  #declare Looper2 = Looper2+1;
#end

// CAMERA
camera {
  location <0,0.15,-0.15>
  look_at <0,0,0>
  rotate y*20
  translate <(ScX+Gapper)*(NumX/2),0,(ScZ+Gapper)*(NumZ/2)>
}

Post a reply to this message