POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : DJGPP - GNU - Panorama Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:33 EDT (-0400)
  DJGPP - GNU - Panorama (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: David C
Subject: DJGPP - GNU - Panorama
Date: 23 May 1999 04:28:30
Message: <3747ae1e.0@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm actually Edward Coffey, not David (I'm just using his computer)
Is it blasphemy to suggest that POV-Ray move toward a release under the GNU
project, possibly merging with GNU's Panorama ray-tracer, and compiling
under DJGPP.  Surely such a move could only benefit the POV-Ray
development/user community.
If possible, please reply to edw### [at] hotmailcom

Post a reply to this message

Look at the momentum of say, KDE, compared to
POV.  The POV-team have every right to do as they like,
but I think there is so much potential for the
be-all-and-end-all rendering package if development
is opened up.