POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Fuctions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Fuctions (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: David
Subject: Fuctions
Date: 24 Jul 2000 00:54:31
Message: <B5A119EF.1928%davidmccabe@mac.com>
I think in the next version of POV (eg 4), there should be real
functions, not macros.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: Fuctions
Date: 24 Jul 2000 01:43:37
Message: <slrn8nnmj1.77c.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Sun, 23 Jul 2000 21:53:51 -0700, David wrote:
>    I think in the next version of POV (eg 4), there should be real
>functions, not macros.

It's an interpreted language.  What do you see are the differences?

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 24 Jul 2000 06:03:41
Message: <397c147c@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
: It's an interpreted language.  What do you see are the differences?

  I have an idea. Add a new keyword #function, which is just a synonym for
#macro. This way everyone can use whichever they like and will be happy :)