POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Fuctions : Re: Fuctions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fuctions
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 24 Jul 2000 18:19:51
Message: <397CC152.575CC3BB@yahoo.com>
> No. Those are specific features of C++ functions, and perhaps of
> functions in some other languages. They are not required in order for
> something to be a "function", but are features of a specific language,
> which happens to be quite a bit different from POV-Script. C, for
> example, has functions, but does not have overloading or templates.
> Some of those could be added to POV macros, and some aren't necessary or
> couldn't be done even if functions were used, because of the structure
> of POV-Script.

Why don't we simply try to build a POV-C++ library?  You would write the code in
full OOP in C style, compile it and that would give you a scene renderer or
anything else as useful... i don't know...  I just like the idea of programming
POV-Ray in C++ just as I do with OpenGL...  That would be cool then to merge
these two...  OpenGL for the preview and POV-Ray for the final...

But that's up to you, I'm already programming in parallel with OpenGL and
POV-Ray to test my camera movements and such...

Thanks,
	Simon