POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : toFloat.h missing Server Time
19 Mar 2024 02:43:14 EDT (-0400)
  toFloat.h missing (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: toFloat.h missing
Date: 24 Sep 2015 15:22:06
Message: <56044d5e@news.povray.org>
Am 24.09.2015 um 18:29 schrieb Benjamin Chambers:

> Now this is interesting. I've been over the XML for the project files,
> and they APPEAR to be set up correctly to generate the header files.
>
> However, the custom build step never runs.
>
> I'll keep poking around in it and see what I can do.

Just a hunch:

- Could it be due to the fact that (at least in the vs2010 projects) the
information for the respective custom build step is split across two
separate <CustomBuildStep> tags?

- Could it be that the custom build step does run after all, but doesn't
work properly because it contains an output redirection and the VS2015
build system somehow fails to handle this properly?

Post a reply to this message

> - Could it be due to the fact that (at least in the vs2010 projects) the
> information for the respective custom build step is split across two
> separate <CustomBuildStep> tags?

Manually combining the tags in the project file had no effect.

> - Could it be that the custom build step does run after all, but doesn't
> work properly because it contains an output redirection and the VS2015
> build system somehow fails to handle this properly?

Removing the redirect still doesn't run the custom build step.

I've posted in the MSDN forums, asking if anyone knows why it wouldn't
run, but haven't received an answer yet. In the meantime, I'll manually
generate the header files, but this is something that needs to be sorted
out eventually...

Post a reply to this message