POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : toFloat.h missing : Re: toFloat.h missing Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: toFloat.h missing
From: clipka
Date: 24 Sep 2015 15:44:51
Message: <560452b3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.09.2015 um 18:29 schrieb Benjamin Chambers:

> Now this is interesting. I've been over the XML for the project files,
> and they APPEAR to be set up correctly to generate the header files.
>
> However, the custom build step never runs.

As far as this is concerned, while testing with VS2010 I just noticed
that the description ("Creating toFloat.h..." or whatever) isn't
actually printed to the build output even if the custom build step
obviously runs (as demonstrated by toFloat.h reappearing after having
been deleted).

A hint that the custom build step was run seems to be a log file
generated in "build\toFloat\x64\Release" (in case of building for x64),
named "toFloat.write.1.tlog".

If you can't get the Custom Build Step mechanism to do the job, you
might want to try the Post-Build Event mechanism instead, though IIRC
there was /something/ undesirable about it.