POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Interpolated tracing... Patch available Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:40:53 EDT (-0400)
  Interpolated tracing... Patch available (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Subject: Interpolated tracing... Patch available
Date: 20 Mar 2003 19:25:19
Message: <3e7a5bee@news.povray.org>
Maybe someone still remembers that I promised to experiment with
the following idea: Instead of tracing all pixels one could try to
interpolate some of them.

In an effort to save rendering time (and reduce image quality as
an unavoidable side effect), I wrote a patch for UNIX povray.

The patch and some images (with and without interpolation) together
with a short explanation about how it works are available at
http://www.cip.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~wwieser/ani/povray/ipt-patch/

Please check the above page.
I don't know if further development of this patch is worth the effort.
Any comments or ideas welcome.

Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message