POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Interpolated tracing... Patch available : Re: Interpolated tracing... Patch available Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:49:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interpolated tracing... Patch available
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 20 Mar 2003 20:17:42
Message: <3E7A6835.6040705@free.fr>
> Please check the above page.
> I don't know if further development of this patch is worth the effort.
> Any comments or ideas welcome.

	The concept and realisation look pretty good, and you probably
had some hard/fun time making it, so for that matter it's worth doing
it  :-)
	However, as you admit yourself, the results are a bit frustrating,
especially for regular geometries like checker, and those weird artifacts
on projected shadows for instance. The last 'benchmark' scene renders pretty
well actually, probably because it contains less of those regular patterns.
Of course the sky looks a bit odd, but in this exemple your patch is
definitely a time-saver for reasonnable results.
	I wonder how much time one could save when testing radiosity
parameters on a complex scene... Could you rerender the benchmark.pov
with radiosity turned on ? Will it still be 66% faster ?