POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Proposal for 4.0 core control Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Proposal for 4.0 core control (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control
Date: 14 Oct 2002 15:17:17
Message: <chrishuff-BEB270.15121914102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dab1335@news.povray.org>,
 "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> Well, as far as a scripting language for 4.0 we have been considering to
> allow functions written in Perl or maybe Scheme would be a good idea.  That
> would make all those people happy who don't like the current scripting
> capabilities.  And users could extend the GUI this way from inside POV-Ray
> scene files.

Perl? Yuck. ;-)

I don't really know if it is relevant to this, but would OSA be of any
use? (OSA == Open Scripting Architecture)
I don't know the status of OSA on non-Mac platforms, but if it is useful
for this it would allow any language with an OSA plugin to be
used...AppleScript, Ruby, JavaScript, probably Python and Perl, and
others. I don't really know anything about OSA though, just an
association that popped up when I read this.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message