POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Proposal for 4.0 core control : Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control
From: ABX
Date: 16 Oct 2002 05:05:49
Message: <969qqus5ch8okdehmccb5cbkgrsjersq1g@4ax.com>
On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:11:23 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> You know, I have to explain something.  My post was just a test.

In fact I think it was small success in the test for one reason. I somehow
felt there was always fear in Team about talking about internals (not just
answers to questions). But finally you wrote something and there was no
flaming in response, no critique. Nobody said "better optimize isosurfaces
speed", "work on bugs", "POV-Ray is outdated" or "The Team is lazy and rude".

> In fact
> what it describes already exists in POV-Ray 3.5 and is known under the name
> POVMS and the document itself is rather old.

Don't you think that after two months of sources we are concerned on bugs, and
"todos" gathered during previous year of waiting for 3.5 ? There is over 90
files in package (not counting platform specific) and less then 80 days since
sources are available. How we could learn ideas so fast when you worked over
them two years?

And... I'm still thinking serious about your initial post. Not only becouse
real implementation but becouse of inspirations I get to extend knowledge. You
can say "we have to hold decisions in team becouse there is nobody brave to
discute or nobody with apropriate skills". But we learn all the time. I think
I'm not only person who started diging net for some references about design.
So please don't stop, just cheat less with every next post ;-)

ABX