POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Proposal for 4.0 core control : Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:28:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Oct 2002 15:34:48
Message: <chrishuff-5CC4D1.15294914102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dab1246@news.povray.org>,
 "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> Well, for a GUI the stuff that is available as part of Mozilla looks very
> interesting.  Maybe increasing the level of abstraction and then just
> running POV-Ray as a backend to a webbrowser might be sufficient.  After
> all, there are plenty of editors out there, so no need for a dedicated
> GUI...

Maybe a plugin for jEdit...it seems to be a pretty good code editor, and
it already has syntax coloring for POV. It'd just need to show rendering
progress, error/status/info messages, and provide a render button/menu
item. Making people download and install a separate Java program would
be seen as pretty unfriendly, but I think jEdit would be better for this
than Mozilla.

jEdit is a good example of what I was saying in the other messages
though...it is a good program with a UI that will look familiar to
someone on Windows, but it breaks a lot of Mac conventions. It even uses
Aqua interface elements, but there is no way you could mistake it for a
native Mac OS X program.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/