POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Where can I find the reflected ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Where can I find the reflected ray? (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Wu Yang
Subject: Where can I find the reflected ray?
Date: 11 Oct 2002 12:04:43
Message: <3da6f69b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi, all
    I am trying to write the reflected ray to a file. Firstly, I thought
that I could get the reflected ray from the reflect() function in
lighting.cpp file, so I wrote some code in the function to realize it, but
it did not work. I found that this function was not called when I pushed the
"RUN" button. I do not know the reason. Where can I find the reflected ray?

Thanks
Wu Yang

Post a reply to this message

 "Wu Yang" <wya### [at] cswrightedu> wrote:

>     I am trying to write the reflected ray to a file. Firstly, I thought
> that I could get the reflected ray from the reflect() function in
> lighting.cpp file, so I wrote some code in the function to realize it, but
> it did not work. I found that this function was not called when I pushed the
> "RUN" button. I do not know the reason. Where can I find the reflected ray?

Silly question, but did you actually render a scene using reflection?
Just running the program won't call the Reflect() function, but it
sounds like that is what you are doing.
Are you sure the program is being compiled, and you aren't running an
unmodified version? What code are you using to write it to a file?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I think that the reflect() will be called
when I run the program. Why this is not right? I do modify what should be
changed and build the project without error. I define an "ofstream" object
"output" by
ofstream output("C:\\out.dat"); and run the program, but no out.dat formed.

Thank you for your assistant.
Best Regard
Wu Yang

"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3da6f69b$1@news.povray.org>,
>  "Wu Yang" <wya### [at] cswrightedu> wrote:
>
> >     I am trying to write the reflected ray to a file. Firstly, I thought
> > that I could get the reflected ray from the reflect() function in
> > lighting.cpp file, so I wrote some code in the function to realize it,
but
> > it did not work. I found that this function was not called when I pushed
the
> > "RUN" button. I do not know the reason. Where can I find the reflected
ray?

> Silly question, but did you actually render a scene using reflection?
> Just running the program won't call the Reflect() function, but it
> sounds like that is what you are doing.
> Are you sure the program is being compiled, and you aren't running an
> unmodified version? What code are you using to write it to a file?
>
> --
> Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
> POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
> http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message