POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Where can I find the reflected ray? : Re: Where can I find the reflected ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where can I find the reflected ray?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 11 Oct 2002 12:38:03
Message: <chrishuff-4056A0.12344211102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3da6f69b$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Wu Yang" <wya### [at] cswrightedu> wrote:

>     I am trying to write the reflected ray to a file. Firstly, I thought
> that I could get the reflected ray from the reflect() function in
> lighting.cpp file, so I wrote some code in the function to realize it, but
> it did not work. I found that this function was not called when I pushed the
> "RUN" button. I do not know the reason. Where can I find the reflected ray?

Silly question, but did you actually render a scene using reflection?
Just running the program won't call the Reflect() function, but it
sounds like that is what you are doing.
Are you sure the program is being compiled, and you aren't running an
unmodified version? What code are you using to write it to a file?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/