POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Where can I find the reflected ray? : Re: Where can I find the reflected ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where can I find the reflected ray?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Oct 2002 23:16:03
Message: <chrishuff-FD10B3.23110313102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3da9eae1@news.povray.org>, "Wu Yang" <wya### [at] cswrightedu>
wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. Yes, I think that the reflect() will be called
> when I run the program. Why this is not right?

The Reflect() function will only be called when POV is computing
reflection. Just running the program won't do that, you need to render a
scene with reflection. This is so obvious I can't believe you would be
doing otherwise, but you haven't given any indication of what exactly
you are doing other than "running the program", which isn't enough.

> I do modify what should be changed and build the project without
> error. I define an "ofstream" object "output" by ofstream
> output("C:\\out.dat"); and run the program, but no out.dat formed.

*Where* do you create the file? What is the *exact* code you are using
to create it and write the data? What is the scene file you are testing
it with?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/