POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Where is the beep? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:31:32 EDT (-0400)
  Where is the beep? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: William F  Pokorny
Subject: Where is the beep?
Date: 2 Aug 2002 11:05:13
Message: <3D4A9FA9.EE196C58@attglobal.net>
Could someone point me to the source file containing the code which
causes the beep at the end of a render? The -P option suggested by Warp
does not silence the beep and I am to the point where want to cut some
wires! :-)

Yes, I tried to find it in the source code myself and I failed.

Post a reply to this message

"William F. Pokorny" <pok### [at] attglobalnet> wrote in message
> Could someone point me to the source file containing the code which
> causes the beep at the end of a render? The -P option suggested by Warp
> does not silence the beep and I am to the point where want to cut some
> wires! :-)
>
> Yes, I tried to find it in the source code myself and I failed.

(In the windows version anyways) Under the menu "Render>On Completion...>"
you can set what you want POV to do (ie, No Beep).  Mine hasn't beeped in
years.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Yes, that does work for windows and I use it. But, I am trying to silence my
unix compiles too.

TinCanMan wrote:

> (In the windows version anyways) Under the menu "Render>On Completion...>"
> you can set what you want POV to do (ie, No Beep).  Mine hasn't beeped in
> years.
>
> -tgq

Post a reply to this message

> Yes, that does work for windows and I use it. But, I am trying to silence
my
> unix compiles too.
>
> TinCanMan wrote:
>

> > (In the windows version anyways) Under the menu "Render>On
Completion...>"
> > you can set what you want POV to do (ie, No Beep).  Mine hasn't beeped
in
> > years.
> >
> > -tgq

Post a reply to this message

That thought has been given some consideration....  :-) Unfortunately,  with
my pov-ray use at work, I do no own or even control the computers I
use.

Chris TRIBBECK wrote:

> Rip the loud speaker out :-)

Post a reply to this message

> Could someone point me to the source file containing the code which
> causes the beep at the end of a render? The -P option suggested by Warp
> does not silence the beep and I am to the point where want to cut some
> wires! :-)
>
> Yes, I tried to find it in the source code myself and I failed.

I'm not sure in what source file it is, but searching for the bell
charcter ('\a') should find what you are searching for.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 15 Jul. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______