POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Win32 Console POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Win32 Console POV-Ray (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Chris Jeppesen
Subject: Win32 Console POV-Ray
Date: 3 Nov 1999 04:50:21
Message: <3820055d@news.povray.org>
Has anyone tried to compile a version of pov which works as a Win32 console
application? I am trying to do so at the moment with the Unix source code,
but am running into problems with unix.c.

Also: Has anyone yet made PVMPov work with Windows? I know there is a
version of PVM for windows and suggestions that it is easy to do, but have
not seen any results yet. That is why I am trying to make the console app, I
figure the slaves dont need a GUI.

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999 01:50:10 -0800, Chris Jeppesen wrote:
>Has anyone tried to compile a version of pov which works as a Win32 console
>application? I am trying to do so at the moment with the Unix source code,
>but am running into problems with unix.c.

You can probably safely leave unix.c out of the mix.  The other thing you'll
have to do is edit config.h to not have any Unix-specific stuff in it - it's
best to start with the "unix" target rather than the "svga" or "xwin" targets
in this pursuit, as it should already be fairly generic.

> Has anyone tried to compile a version of pov which works as a Win32 console
> application? I am trying to do so at the moment with the Unix source code,
> but am running into problems with unix.c.
>
> Also: Has anyone yet made PVMPov work with Windows? I know there is a
> version of PVM for windows and suggestions that it is easy to do, but have
> not seen any results yet. That is why I am trying to make the console app, I
> figure the slaves dont need a GUI.

I do not want to burst your bubble, but: within the last 8 months I got
about 4 mails from different people, which told that they would do the
win32-port of PVMPOV. After all there wasn't anybody, successfully
porting PVMPOV to win32.

I'd look forward to your PVMPOV port to win32, Chris

- Jakob Flierl

Post a reply to this message

it doesnt use a "precision timer" (whatever that is)
it doesnt read environment vars
but at least it compiles and traces!

And I got rid of 607 warnings with a simple #define float double

Still trying with pvm.