POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Win32 Console POV-Ray : Re: Win32 Console POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win32 Console POV-Ray
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 Nov 1999 23:09:28
Message: <382106f8@news.povray.org>
In article <3820f651@news.povray.org> , "Chris Jeppesen"
<chr### [at] digiquillcom> wrote:

> And I got rid of 607 warnings with a simple #define float double

I presume you are using Visual C?  Just tell it to ignore the possible loss
of "data" warning. Basically the warning is nonsense (it is a _wanted_
lowering of _precision_) and by forcing float to be double you just make
rendering slower.  If you dig in the online help you will find where the
option to manually deactivate single warnings is (I don't remember the
option right now, sorry).

     Thorsten