POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Proposal for df3 output Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Proposal for df3 output (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: PoD
Subject: Proposal for df3 output
Date: 29 Jul 1999 16:08:00
Message: <37A0B4BF.FA0940A3@merlin.net.au>
Hi, I've just done some thinking about patching POV-Ray to do df3
output.
What I'm considering is to render an animation and writing the output to
the df3 file.  The tricky bit I'd like to do is to allow subset renders
to be inserted into the appropriate part of the file, so the following
algo. writes out a complete file even if a subset render is done.

If anyone has already done this or if you see any probs with this
algorithm, please let me know.

if file exists
  if (dimensions different) or (not subset render)
    make new file

if new file
  write header

if current frame > frames in file