POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Proposal for df3 output : Re: Proposal for df3 output Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal for df3 output
From: Peter Popov
Date: 12 Aug 1999 05:29:49
Message: <37ba3866.33397732@204.213.191.228>
>    The new functionality would enter if somebody (don't look at me, folks)
>were to write a df3 editor, a sort of "3d paint" program.

<snip scary feature list>

>    Robert Dawson

A df3 manipulating library in C was the last task on my to-do list for
this summer. As it turns out, I must cheer if I finish the first
thing, namely my particle system (I have given up doing it in POV
because the limitations of the language make it really hard a task,
and speed is an issue, too.) I was going to make a windows front-end
or ask a friend to do it (I have a friend who works with VC6) and
would then release the proggie as postcardware or such, but that'll
have to wait at least a month, maybe much more :( Sorry, I am such a
lazy bum!

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700